Marketing Communications | Public Relations
5 key things to know about me
MBA in Marketing and years of experience in brand and marketing management.
Versatile in planning, directing, organizing, and evaluating advertising campaigns.
Skilled at developing and implementing communication strategies and information programs.
Ability to help brands develop and maintain good relationship with their different publics.
Computer Applications: Presentation Software – PowerPoint, Adobe Premiere Pro; Website Creation & Management Software – WordPress, Google Tools; Social Media Apps.
SOME OF MY SKILLS
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS I HAVE ACQUIRED
SOME PLACES I HAVE WORKED
Brand & Marketing Manager Sep 2017 – April 2019 The Luxxor Group • www.theluxxorgroup.com .
- Developed and implemented communication strategies and information programs for The Luxxor Group and three of its subsidiaries, which helped improve brand health by 65%.
- Effectively translated brand strategies into brand plans, brand positioning, and results-yielding go-to-market strategies
- Organized advertising/communication campaigns (social media etc.), exhibitions and promotional events, which yielded 80% more visibility for the
- Conducted market research and analysis for a proposed new business worth N20, 000, 000.00, and helped the company save millions of naira by researching issues
Wrote and edited content for diverse marketing distributions (brochures, press releases, website material etc.)
Senior Copywriter Sep 2011 – Aug 2017
Insight Publicis • Foremost Marketing Communications firm in Nigeria. www.insightpublicis.com
- Won global and local awards like the World Advertising Council Award (WARC), Publicis Grand Prix, Digital Campaign of the Year, LAIF Awards, amongst several
- Achieved a 200% increase in revenue for brand Pepsi, when compared to the same period in 2016
- Led the team that pitched and won the N120 Million Pernod Ricard’s Absolut Vodka business in
- Created vibrant social media platforms and a dynamic website for Pepsi Nigeria, sparking increased digital engagement with the consumers and building brand
Managed market launch of 14 new Huawei phones. Identified opportunities, researched product possibilities, collaborated with the marketing team and created campaigns generating millions in annual sales.
Public Relations – Corporate Communications Jan 2020 – Dec 2020
Seneca College. • Toronto, ON, Canada.
Post Graduate Certificate.
M.B.A. Marketing Jan 2010 – Dec 2014
University of Lagos. • Lagos, Nigeria.
Equivalent to a master’s degree in Canada as evaluated by World Education Services
B.A. Theatre Arts Aug 2002 – Dec 2006
University of Benin • Benin, Nigeria.
Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Canada as evaluated by World Education Services
- Google Ads Display Certification – Google 2019
- Communication Strategies for a Virtual Age – University of Toronto, 2019
AWARDS AND HONOURS
Unilever: The Power of Algae Contest Winner 2016
Winner in a global Unilever contest for a creative marketing solution.
Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity Trip Winner 2014
Won an all-expense paid trip to the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, France. The competition was organized by Insight Publicis, and the task was to create an impactful campaign addressing a gender issue.